Dumbbell Concentration Curl Overview
Dumbbell Concentration Curl is one of the popular workouts for building biceps. A bicep workout that requires nothing except a dumbbell and a bench to sit at. This is a great exercise that targets biceps and also involves forearms.
This is an exercise guaranteed to produce a great bicep pump and build the mind-muscle connection that can help maximize muscle growth.
Equipment Required: Dumbbell
Exercise Mechanics: Isolation
Primary muscle group(s): Biceps
Secondary muscle group(s): Forearms
How to Do Dumbbell Concentration Curl: Step By Step Guide
- Choose the weight according to your strength level from the rack, and sit on a flat bench.
- Use one arm (we recommend your weaker arm) to pick the dumbbell up and hold it with an underhand grip. To stabilize yourself place your free hand on the other knee.
- Lift the weight back up towards your shoulder squeezing with your bicep.
- Once the bicep is fully contracted, slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the number of repetitions according to your need on both sides.
Dumbbell Concentration Curl Step By Step Video Guide
Dumbbell Concentration Curl Special Tips
- When you try to squeeze your biceps in the upward movement rotate your pinkies up. It’ll actually peak out the bicep a little more.
- Tt’s also important to breathe during the workout. When you will bring your dumbbell up, working against gravity, you will breathe out.
- To prevent injuries say no to incorrect form, careless mistakes and ego lifting.